If you outsource your IT support, do you know their overall approach to protecting your business’s information?
Most IT support businesses will deploy and manage a number of cyber security tools to address the most common risks they think a business might experience. Because we, in the IT service provider industry, consider ourselves as experts in technology, the solutions our industry provides are typically focused on technology. We acquire cyber tools from a third party, install or deploy them, then manage them to make sure they continue to work as expected, stopping risks before they become an issue.
But this approach, while effective to a degree, fails to address the other two pillars of a comprehensive security program; people and processes. The risks in these two areas are just as important in an information security program. Some might even argue that the risks in these areas are more important because they exist on a daily basis and are more visible in the organisation. Some examples of these are:
- Staff awareness
- Risks in management systems
- Governance of information security
- IT practices (vendor selection, access controls, security testing).
If you would like to learn more about a comprehensive information security program, and discuss if your business should be looking beyond cyber security, feel free to reach out to us through one of the following methods:
- To contact our MD: Send an email to [email protected]
- To contact our Information Security Manager: Send an email to [email protected]
- Click here to submit a request for us to call back.
- Download our FREE Information Security Risk Assessment Pack here.