To ensure your business runs as smoothly as possible and doesn’t suffer any devastating losses, having an effective backup solution is crucial. If you fail to take the right security measures, you stand to lose valuable data, and in some circumstances, it could be the undoing of your business.
Imagine your organisation has worked for a significant amount of time on an expensive project and hasn’t invested in a quality backup solution; if a power failure occurs; you’re back to square one. Think of the time, money and effort you could have saved if you had taken the right security procedures.
How does data backup work?
Rather than using traditional, on-premise storage systems, hosted backup involves storing all of your data on a remote, third-party platform. This means you can rest assured that you will always be able to restore important data files in the event of a hardware failure or disaster. To put it simply, data backup is a recovery solution that delivers a safe and secure environment for your IT operations.
What are the main benefits?
● You benefit from the added security and peace of mind of knowing your files are properly safeguarded and can be fully retrieved in the event of a disaster.
● All of your data is automatically stored and can be accessed at any time via an easy-to-use system. Once the initial backup system has been installed, there is little to no maintenance required thereafter.
● With flexible capacity, you can add or deduct storage according to your changing needs. Required storage is kept to a minimum and file duplication is prevented as only new or updated data is stored.
● Using an incremental system is highly cost-effective and significantly reduces storage costs with no additional capital expenditure. It also eliminates the need to spend money on regularly updating on-premise backup hardware and software.
● Keeping sensitive information, such as financial records, in an offsite storage platform helps to reduce the risk of theft and enhance security.
● If you are unable to protect private data, you risk damaging your reputation with customers and clients. Implementing adequate data protection procedures with a high quality backup platform can help you maintain positive business relationships.
Who needs backup?
Using manual backup solutions such as hard drives, tapes, memory sticks and CDs is a thing of the past. This is no surprise considering the various drawbacks of using these methods to protect your data. Hardware failures, viruses, accidental losses, theft, power cuts and other unplanned disasters all present the risk of you losing your important files. Without efficient backup, data recovery can be an arduous and time-consuming process and there is no guarantee that you will be able to retrieve what you need. For this reason, it is generally considered ill-advised for a business to rely exclusively on on-premise backup systems.
Now, more and more people are turning to hosted backup solutions. Not only does using a remote online platform offer a storage capacity that is far beyond anything an on-premise could hold, it also saves businesses a lot of time, money and effort in having to manage their own onsite backup.
Here at London Cloud, we aim to make data protection a quick and hassle-free process. With our secure and reliable cloud hosted backup and disaster recovery solutions, you can feel safe in the knowledge that all your important data is safeguarded.